Friday, February 4, 2011

Book Release Coming Soon

©2011 Deborah Melmon

I LOVE picture books. It's the one item that I guess you could say I have an obsession over (besides chocolate chip cookies) and I've allowed myself to collect quite a few over the years.
I try as hard as I can to limit my purchases when I'm in a bookstore. I wander through the children's book section for about an hour, pulling books that I want. And then before I checkout, I force myself to only buy the books I feel I just absolutely have to have. It's hard to limit myself to two or three, but I've just about run out of room on my bookshelves.

I actually have three children's book projects, which I illustrated in 2010, that will be released this year. The first is called Labracadabra and hits the bookstores on April 14th. You can read about it on my group blog, the Picture Book Junkies, where I post and review books every Friday. I'm so excited about this book and can't wait to share the artwork and process with you when it is finally in the stores.

Will definitely need to make room on my bookshelves for this one!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wooo Hooo! I just pre-ordered it from Amazon with 1-click. How exciting!

Ginger*:) said...

Wonderful illustration, and three cheers for you!

Shirley said...

Congratulations, Deb!! I'm so excited to see the new books..keep us posted!

Unknown said...

These days of austerity and relative stress and anxiety about having debt. page most people balk against the idea of making use of a credit card in order to make acquisition of merchandise or maybe pay for a trip, websites preferring. try this website instead just to rely on the actual tried plus trusted means of making payment - raw cash. However, if you possess the cash there to make the purchase in full, then, paradoxically, that's the best time just to be able to use the credit card for several good reasons. more information